Tuesday, January 27, 2015

5 days post transplant

Hey, folks!

William's uncomfort is now under control (at least until it needs adjusted again.) I can't talk highly enough of Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh. They know exactly what to do and when to do it and have several support units for family to talk to about concerns. William has a physical therapist, occupational therapist and speech therapist that come to see him twice weekly (they do very little with him right now, as he's not feeling to well but I want him exercised as much as possible). He had custom made hand and feet splints for correct alignment (his fists try to stay closed and his ankles try to bend inward, all part of this awful disease). I could go on and on about our experience thus far, but I'll save that for another day.

I am feeling much better. I was feeling so bad, actually, that I got a hotel room so I would keep the germs away from my family. I went to an Urgent Care yesterday and was so dehydrated and nauseous, they hooked me up to an IV just to get fluids in me asap. I can't remember being this sick since my first year of teaching 10 years ago. Anyway, my pity party is now coming to an end and I am feeling much, much better (physically anyway).

Grandma Carolyn is giving Papa Ron a rest from all night baby duty tonight and staying with William in the hospital room. My parents are planning on heading home tomorrow and needed to get some good rest for the drive. Wish Carolyn luck, although I'm pretty sure she won't mind some extra snuggle time.

Thank you for your support and prayers! I know William is in good hands, but being away from my little boy was quite possibly the hardest thing I have EVER done.

Love, The Branches

No comments:

Post a Comment